Create, Recreate, and why not make a little Treat while you're at it!



Friday, March 14, 2014

Relief Society Birthday Celebration

At church I am the Relief Society Meeting Coordinator...this means that I get to help plan and decorate for meetings.  I recently got to put together our Birthday Celebration and here's how it turned out:


I did get some of this idea from pinterest...here is my pinspiration:


The theme for the evening was "Charity Never Faileth," which is the Relief Society's motto.  I loved the wheat idea, so I got some from hobby lobby and made the wheat centerpieces.  I used some burlap ribbon and blue twine to make the wheat stalk centerpieces.  I used 2 frames...one with a picture of Christ in it and another with the Relief Society Purposes Poster.  I also used the book; Daughters in My Kingdom: The History and Work of Relief Society. I decided to do swags with the tablecloths and use a safety pin to make the swag and stick a raffia bow where the tablecloth was gathered.  I thought the swags turned out awesome.  We also had a fundraiser for a couple of local charities and I was so happy to see how many items everyone brought to donate.

Two things I would have done differently with the decorations are:
 I would have place the frames and the wheat stalks closer together and since we did not have enough gold chargers for each of the tables I should have just kept them off instead of doing every other place setting.

Overall everything turned out pretty good though.  I also enjoyed doing the cake and keeping it with the theme by using an edible print of the Relief Society Seal.  I have done a couple of Relief Society Cakes before...here's some pics:

I love the Relief Society and am so happy to be a part of such a great organization.  I love that I get to use my talents to bring such wonderful women together and to have the opportunity to serve.

5 comments:

  1. Can you share how to make the edible logo???

    ReplyDelete
  2. These amazing table decorations are unbelievable. I must say the planner and host have a great taste. Fixing an appointment with manager of San Francisco venues for discussing about the package and facilities included in the same for my sister's engagement party will be reliable. Will finalize if it suits our requirements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely exceptional. Even though variety of article on this topic, this article carries a number of the treasured points which had been never be read in other articles.
    Hobbies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tritanium Rings | Iron Belt Rings
    Tritanium Rings. Tritanium titanium body armor Rings. Gold Rings. columbia titanium boots Metal titanium mens wedding band Rings. Iron Belt Rings. Iron microtouch titanium trim Belt Rings. Iron Belt Rings. Metal Rings. Iron Belt Rings. Iron Belt Rings. Iron Belt Rings. Iron Belt Rings. micro hair trimmer Metal Rings. Iron Belt

    ReplyDelete