Create, Recreate, and why not make a little Treat while you're at it!



Thursday, January 16, 2014

Switch Sides if...

Last month I was looking for a getting to know you game that I could do with a large group of women for Relief Society.  After searching for something we could play I came up with my own game.  It is called:
It is a spin off of the "This or That" game. Here is how it works:

We started by having everyone stand on whatever side of the line they wanted.  Then I asked everyone to “switch sides if” the statement applied to them.  After some of the statements they were asked to tell someone next to them a little more about themselves. 
I wasn’t sure if the game would go well, but it ended up being a lot of fun and got everyone talking.  It was really neat to see who switched sides on some of the statements and who had the same things in common with each other and with you. 

Here are some of the statements:

You like to cook
You prefer summer more than winter
You have been on a mission… if you switched sides tell someone where
You have 4 or more kids
You prefer dogs more than cats
You were born in (the state you live)…if you didn’t switch sides tell someone where
You like to sew
You have any grandchildren… if you switched sides tell someone how many
You prefer spring more than fall
You have ridden a horse
You have lived in another state…if you switched sides tell someone where
You prefer pie more than cake 
You have 4 or more siblings
You have a pet… if you switched sides tell someone what pet you have and it’s name
You prefer morning more than night
You were named after someone…if you switched sides tell someone who
You like to sing
You have participated in a race (like a 5K or marathon)
You speak another language…if you switched sides tell someone what languages you speak
You prefer mountains more than beach
You prefer books more than movies
Play an instrument…if you switched sides tell someone what instrument you play
You like to play sports or have played on any teams
You prefer dark chocolate more than white Chocolate
You have traveled out of the country…if you switched sides tell someone where

You prefer washing dishes more than doing laundry

There are many other things you could add to this list to fit your "getting to know you" group.

27 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is right up our alley! We are looking for a game for our RS in the early hours of the morning to get the sisters relaxed and talkative ready for our VT convention activity and breakfast. I don't want a running around one because no one would have eaten yet but I want them to relax and enjoy themselves for the rest of the time too. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the idea!!! We are trying to come up with something for next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just altering this a little and using it for my activity days girls. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love a copy of the altered version for Activity Day girls! Is that possible?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I'm going to adapt it to play with my young women's group! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this! I am planning a "Not Going Back to School Party" for homeschoolers and this will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Ideas! Thank You very much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea for math, but how do you usually end the activity. Is it timed, or when you finish all your statements?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just what I'm looking for, thank you. The perfect mix us up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea - going to try it in my English class today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm looking for games to play with my kids worship team. This is great! Thank you for sharing!
    Happy Monday!
    Megs
    http://sunnyand80.org

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for sharing this! Sounds like a great way to begin our new school year in 2nd grade. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. EXCELLENT IDEA! I'M GONNA TRY IT IN MY ESL CLASS. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the game, I am trying it when we open school next week. Sounds cool

    ReplyDelete
  16. My class had a blast with a modified version on the first day of school. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you very much! Excited to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is excellent! Going to do with our Brownie Girl Scout troop tonight! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you! I'm adapting this for my 6th grade class and Activity Day girls!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LiveWireLabs.
    Join hands with LiveWireLabs, a resource augmentation entity, and have the top 2 percent of talent work for you for business analysis, software engineering, and digital media design. Visit our website for more information.
    <a href="https://www.livewirelabs.co/staff augmentation</a>

    ReplyDelete
  21. https://mommieshobbies.blogspot.com/2014/01/switch-sides-if.html?showComment=1565932247817#c5344109551688946892

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the activity and will use in my values education lessons.

    ReplyDelete